Willakenzie text-to-win tickets
to feast portland sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, RESTRICTED, OR WHERE SPONSOR IS UNABLE TO OBTAIN REGULATORY APPROVALS OR DETERMINES THAT ENTRANT IS INELIGIBLE.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The WillaKenzie Text-to-Win Tickets to FEAST Portland Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) will begin on August 1, 2017 at 12:01 AM Pacific Time and end on August 31, 2017 at 12:00 PM Pacific Time (“Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be submitted during the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible. Sweepstakes subject to these Official Rules (“Official Rules”).
2. SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Jackson Family Wines, Inc. d/b/a WillaKenzie Winery, 421 Aviation Boulevard, Santa Rosa, California 95403 (“Sponsor”).
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the State of Oregon who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age (“Entrants”). This Sweepstakes is void in all other U.S. states, territories and possessions, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and U.S. Military installations in foreign countries.
The following persons are not eligible: (1) employees, officers, directors, agents, or representatives of (a) the Sponsor; (b) the legal, promotion and advertising agencies of the Sponsor; (c) any entity connected with the production or administration of the Sweepstakes; (d) licensed alcoholic beverage retailers, wholesalers, or distributors; and (e) any parent company, affiliate, subsidiary, agent and representative of any entity referred to in (a), (b), (c), or (d); and (2) immediate family members (defined as spouse, mother, father, sisters, brothers, sons, daughters, uncles, aunts, nephews, nieces, grandparents and in-laws, regardless of where they live) and those living in their household (whether or not related) and of any person referred to in (1) above. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
4. HOW TO ENTER. There are two methods of entry for the Sweepstakes:
a) Text Message Entry. During the Sweepstakes Period, from your wireless phone, text the keyword “FEAST” to the short code 31996 (the “Short Code”).
After sending your text message entry, you may receive one (1) text message in response to your text entry confirming your entry and legal disclaimers from Sponsor. The text messaging method of entry is designed to work with most of the U.S. major wireless carriers in the United States, but Sponsor makes no guarantee that any particular wireless service provider will participate, and the mobile phone that is used must be capable of sending and receiving text messages. Entrants should check their phone’s features to see if they have that capability. Wireless service providers may charge entrants for each text message, including any error message that is sent and received in connection with the Sweepstakes, based on the applicable wireless service pricing plan. Message and data rates apply. Entrants should consult their wireless service provider’s pricing plan for details. Entry by sending a text message will not improve your chance of winning. By texting an entry, the Entrant grants permission to the Sponsor to notify them via one or more return text messages for administration of sweepstakes, including notification of selection, and must agree to accept all applicable charges associated therewith. If you do not want to receive any such text messages, then you should enter the Sweepstakes using the mail-in option below. You are responsible for all applicable fees and taxes associated with placing a text entry. Sponsor in its sole discretion may add or delete a cellular carrier at any time, without notice. Proof of text messaging the Short Code is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by Sponsor of such Sweepstakes entry. Sponsor and Sponsor’s agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives or service providers may use Entrants’ and/or referrals’ personal information submitted with entry for purposes of prize fulfillment and/or for future marketing by Sponsor, such as to notify them of a product or promotion that Sponsor thinks may be of interest.
b) Online Entry. During the Sweepstakes Period, visit http://www.willakenzie.com/sweeps and follow the directions to enter the Sweepstakes.
Entries must be submitted by eligible entrants who are 21 years of age or older.
Limit one (1) entry per person per day, regardless of method of entry, during the Sweepstakes Period. All entries in excess of this limit will be deemed void. Each entrant can only use one (1) telephone number or email address to participate in the Sweepstakes. If it is discovered that a person has attempted to: (i) enter more than one (1) time a day during the Sweepstakes Period; or (ii) used more than one (1) email address or telephone number to participate in the Sweepstakes then (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) he/she may be disqualified from participating in the Sweepstakes. Use (or attempted use) of multiple names, identities, telephone numbers, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other systems(s) or program(s) to participate in this Sweepstakes is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification. Sponsor is the official timekeeper of the Sweepstakes. All entries are subject to verification at any time. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in this Sweepstakes. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification of the applicable entries that cannot be verified to the satisfaction of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion.
5. PRIZE. Two (2) winners (“Selected Entrants”) will receive two (2) tickets to FEAST Portland’s Grand Tasting event on Friday, September 15, 2017 from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm (the “Prize”) for Selected Entrants and his or her guest (“Guest”), both of whom must be at least 21 years of age, as of August 31, 2017. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Prize is $260.
Prize does not include transportation to or from the event and/or lodging. Selected Entrant is not entitled to any surplus between actual retail value of prize and stated ARV and any difference between stated ARV and actual value of the prize will not be awarded. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize or any part of it become unavailable for any reason as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If the Selected Entrant does not want a portion of the prize or is unable to attend assigned date of Prize, that portion is forfeited. All federal, state, and local taxes on any prize are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Selected Entrants may be asked for their social security number and issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded prize in order to receive the prize.
6. WINNER SELECTION: A winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes, in a random drawing to take place on or about September 1, 2017. Odds of being selected are determined by the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
7. NOTIFICATION: Selected Entrant will be notified by email or by phone on or about September 1, 2017. In order to be eligible to receive the Prize, Selected Entrant and Guest will be required to sign and return within five (5) business days an affidavit or declaration of eligibility and liability/publicity release and any other required materials, which: (i) confirms compliance with these Official Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (iii) releases the Sponsor and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any and all liability in connection with this Sweepstakes, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Sweepstakes and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. If the Selected Entrant: (a) fails to return the properly executed Sweepstakes documents, including Guest’s affidavit/declaration form, within the specified time; and/or (b) cannot accept the Prize as awarded for any reason; then he/she may be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible entries, such draw to be conducted on or about September 6, 2017. Any alternate winner so selected will be notified by email or by phone on or about September 6, 2017 (in which case the provisions of this section shall apply to such new Selected Entrant, modified as necessary).
8. CONDITIONS: Selected Entrant consents to the use of his or her name, voice and/or likeness by the Sponsor for advertising purposes without additional compensation unless otherwise prohibited by law. All entries must be complete to be eligible and the Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, stolen or misdirected mail/email. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
By entering, participants and Selected Entrant agrees to be bound by the Official Rules and release the Sponsor and its parents, partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, agents, employees, advertising agencies, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from the Sweepstakes and/or use of the prizes, including, without limitation, liability for death, personal injury, damage or loss. All decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding; and Entrants agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or Official Rules, except where prohibited by law.
Disputes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California and venue for any legal action or claim must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in California. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes or violating the Official Rules.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable, incomplete, illegible or indecipherable entries due to, among other things, system errors or failures or otherwise, or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions, bugs and/or problems related to the online entry; (b) technical failures of any kind; (c) failures of any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (d) unauthorized human and/or mechanical intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (e) technical or human error that may occur or be encountered by Entrants in the entry process, or by the Sponsor in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries, including computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, the presence of computer viruses or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature; (f) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; or (g) any injury or damage to persons or property (including death) which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from any Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, undermine or harass any other players or Sponsor representatives. In the event of a system malfunction or the presence of a virus, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify or terminate the Sweepstakes at its sole discretion.
10. WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL: Except as prohibited by applicable law and as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant hereby irrevocably and perpetually waives any right s/he may have to a trial by jury in respect of any litigation directly or indirectly arising out of, under or in connection with this Sweepstakes, any document or agreement entered into in connection herewith, any prize available in connection herewith, and any of the transactions contemplated hereby or thereby.
12. OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNER LIST: For a copy of these Official Rules or the Selected Entrants list, please send a request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: WillaKenzie Text-To-Win Tickets to Feast Portland Sweepstakes, 425 Aviation Blvd., Santa Rosa, CA 95403. (Requests must be received by November 29, 2017.)
© 2017 WillaKenzie Winery, Yamhill, OR.